for all those who are interested in Photograpy
We are on the lookout for a great photographer with a great idea. Our Hasselblad challenge is open to all UK-based photographers of all ages. So if you are an up-and-coming photographer with a creative body of work and can come up with an imaginative response to our concept, you could be our winner.
To enter Project Hasselblad, all you need to do is submit a portfolio of six of your strongest images (they can be shot on any format camera) which demonstrate the quality and creativity of your work, along with a concept proposal. The proposal should outline a specific project you would want to use a Hasselblad system to photograph and complete throughout the coming year. It should give details of the proposed location or locations, subject matter and creative approach. You should also explain why you feel this project is important to you and why the Hasselblad system would be most appropriate for it.
The shortlisted entries will then be judged by Professional Photographer editor Grant Scott, Hasselblad managing director Chris Russell-Fish, Phillips de Pury creative director Fiona Hayes and photographer David Loftus.
The winner’s submitted images and concept proposal will feature over three pages in the June issue of Professional Photographer. The winning images and photographer will also feature as an audio slideshow on the Professional Photographer website. The winner will be loaned the appropriate Hasselblad equipment for up to a month to create their concept, and receive the appropriate training. The equipment could be the latest H4D40 or the H4D50, along with a choice of a maximum of three lenses. That’s kit with a total value of approximately £22,000. The completed concept images will then appear in a future issue of Professional Photographer and in Hasselblad promotional material.
For your chance to win please register with Professional Photographer website first. Then upload your images to the Project Hasselblad gallery via your profile page. You will then need to email your concept as an attached word document containing your full contact details and with your submitted images embedded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you title both your concept document and all of your submitted images with the same concept name.
Terms and Conditions
1. Use of this website
This Site is operated by Professional Photographer Magazine. Any use by you of the Site is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and in our sole discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. See the box below for a summary of updates. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue any portion of the Site at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of the Site without notice or liability.
2. Terms of Entry
There are no fees for entry into the Project Hasselblad competition. Entry into the Project Hasselblad competition shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions as they relate to the competition. Entries posted in breach of these Terms & Conditions will be invalidated and removed from the competition.
Participation in the Project Hasselblad competition is open to all photographers over the age of 18 except (i) employees and principles of Professional Photographer, its affiliates, and participating sponsors (collectively, the “Competition Partners”). Eligible participants must be natural persons and not corporate entities. By using this Site and/or participating in the competition, you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements and that any submitted registration information is accurate.
4. How to Enter
* Entries must be made online using the instructions provided on this page.
* There will be no fee for participation.
* Entries must be uploaded on or before the closing date.
* The closing date for submissions will be 23:59 hours Eastern Standard Time on the 30th of April, 2010.
* Only electronic entries will be accepted.
* Neither Professional Photographer nor its Competition Partners will have any responsibility or liability for entries not properly submitted or not received for any reason.
5. Submission Process & Requirements. To be eligible participants must submit:
* Each entrant may submit no more than six images.
* Entry images must be electronic and must be uploaded to the site, which will require creation of a Professional Photographer website account.
* Entry images must be clearly titled with the photographers name and concept title. Please do not use any spacing in the file names.
Representations with respect to submitted materials.
With respect to any materials you submit in connection with the Project Hasselblad competition , you represent and warrant as follows:
* That you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorized by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to Professional Photographer.
* That all necessary model and property releases have been obtained from any clearly identifiable person appearing in any image, together with any other relevant consents required, and that the use of any Submitted Materials in this competition or pursuant to the licenses granted herein does not breach any copyright, moral right, or other right of any other person or entity.
* That the Submitted Materials are not obscene, do not reveal any proprietary or trade secrets, and do not defame or libel any person.
* That you, or the person from whom you have permission to submit the Submitted Materials, own(s) the copyright and other relevant rights to the Submitted Materials, that you will not license or assign such copyright during the course of the competition, that you have full power and authority to grant the licenses and authorizations granted herein, and that submission of the Submitted Materials and use and display of same will not be contrary to any law or any contract or agreement with any third-party.
* Professional Photographer and Hasselblad will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained by any person or entity that results from or arises out of use or display of Submitted Materials in connection with the competition as authorized herein. The entrant indemnifies and holds harmless Professional Photographer, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its Competition Partners against any loss, damages, costs or claims, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising out of a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
Any breach of the foregoing representations and warranties will also, among other things, make the entrant subject to immediate disqualification from any further participation in the competition; make the entrant’s account subject to immediate termination; and make any prizes, awards, or honors received subject to termination and forfeiture.
Entrants should retain copies of all Submitted Materials for their records, as neither Professional Photographer nor its Competition Partners shall have any obligation to preserve or return Submitted Materials.
6. The Judging Process
Upon closure of the submissions period (23:59 hours on the 30th of April, 2010), a shortlist of all entries will be reviewed by the judging panel, and a final vote will be held to determine the winner. The judges’ decision will be final and shall be made in their sole and absolute discretion. Participants will not be provided with any opportunity to communicate with the judges regarding submissions. Professional Photographer and Hasselblad will make any adjustments to the judging process in their sole and absolute discretion.
Results will be posted to the website and feature in the magazine after the judges have made their decision.
7. Competition Prize
The winner’s submitted images and concept proposal will feature over three pages in the June issue of Professional Photographer. The winning images and photographer will also feature as an audio slideshow on the Professional Photographer website. The winner will be loaned the appropriate Hasselblad equipment for up to a month to create their concept, and receive the appropriate training. The equipment could be the latest H4D40 or the H4D50, along with a choice of a maximum of three lenses. That’s kit with a total value of approximately £22,000. The completed concept images will then appear in a future issue of Professional Photographer and in Hasselblad promotional material. On completion of the project all equipment must be returned to Hasselblad in the condition it was loaned.
The competition prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
All prizes are subject to any required withholding taxes and the provision to Professional Photographer of any necessary documentation.
Prize recipients are solely responsible for the payment of any taxes due in connection with receipt of a prize.
8. Use of Images
By entering the competition, Participants grant Professional Photographer and Hasselblad worldwide royalty-free license to reproduce, publicly display, distribute, publicly perform and create derivative works from their Submitted Materials, in all media, in connection with the administration, judging and promotion of the competition. Professional Photographer and Hasselblad shall have the right to grant sublicenses to the press and publicity agents in connection with the promotion of the competition. Images will also be available to Hasselblad for future promotion of the Hasselblad brand without payment to the orginial photographer. Full credit will be given to the photographer in connection with future image usage.
9. Participant Data
Participants grant Professional Photographer and Hasselblad the right to use submitted personal data (such as name, contact information, and email address) in the administration and judging of the competition. Among other things, such information may be provided to competition administrators and jurors, and we will use the email address you provide for communications related to the Hasselblad competition, including notification of the finalists and winners. By using the Site or participating in the competition, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
We care about the privacy of our users. Your personal data will NOT be provided to third parties for unsolicited marketing.
Professional Photographer and Hasselblad shall have the right to use and publish all winners’ and finalists names and approved likenesses for publicity purposes.
11. Liability Disclaimer
Neither Professional Photographer nor Hasselblad shall have any liability to any user of this Site or any competition participant except in the case of recklessness or intentional misconduct.
12. Restriction, Suspension and Termination
We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail yourself of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, at any time for any reason, including if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached these Terms & Conditions at any time or have engaged in any conduct detrimental to the Hasselblad Project competition. Any such restriction, suspension or termination will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your ISP in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
If we wish to bring your participation in the Hasselblad competition to an end, we will first attempt to email you at the address included with your submission. Your registration will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid immediately thereafter.